Join Prof. Darren Griffin, University of Kent, as he explores the frontiers of science and its application in our society.
Click on a date to Register!
- January 26, 2012 – Chemistry Stinks! And How Nature Uses These Noxious Chemicals
- February 23, 2012 – Secret Science of Movie Stunts and Special Effects
- March 22, 2012 – Designer Babies: Scientific Progress and Ethical Boundaries
- April 26, 2012 – Madness of King George
(Join LIVE to maximize your Q&A opportunity with the experts. ACS Webinars recordings will be available one week after the event. Click on the date to access recordings)
Archived (on-demand) Recordings:
- November 3, 2011 – Boost and Lose Your Memory With Chemistry
- May 3, 2011 – Ten Commandments for Being a Successful Scientist.
About Prof. Darren Griffin:
Darren Griffin, PhD is Professor of Genetics at the University of Kent, UK. Previously he was Professor of Genetics at Brunel University. In 2002, he was admitted as a fellow of the Society of Biology and in 2008 he was awarded both a fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists and Doctor of Science from the University of Manchester. He was awarded the Institutional Teaching Prize for his work in supervising graduate students and was recently shortlisted for Research Project of the Year by the Times Higher Education supplement. Dr. Griffin completed his post-doctoral research in Cleveland, Ohio and at The University of Cambridge. He received his PhD at University College London in 1992, graduated from the University of Manchester in 1988.
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in these presentations are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the ACS.