Looking for a job is a full-time job in itself. In addition to searching online and exhausting your professional network, recruiters can be your valuable partners in finding that next job. Our speakers and seasoned recruiters in the chemical and life sciences sectors, Patrick Ropella and Don Alexander, will ease your anxieties by sharing tips for building that important relationship with recruiters and learning how to effectively communicate your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
View Recording in Windows Media (Scroll down to view in YouTube)
“Successfully Working with Recruiters – Do’s and Don’ts.” A short presentation followed by Q&A with speakers Patrick Ropella, Ropella, and Don Alexander, Carlyle & Conlan. This event will be moderated by CJ, author of the Chemjobber blog.
What You Will Learn
- Overview of the search industry & advantages of working with a recruiter
- How to approach and stay in contact with recruiters
- What information to present to a headhunter
- How to help your recruiter help you
- And much more
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Time: 2:00-3:00 pm ET
Meet Your Experts
Patrick Ropella of the Ropella Group has a global perspective and extensive experience with Executive Search and Talent Management, covering sourcing, marketing to, assessing, recruiting, on-boarding, retaining, training and transforming top talent. For over 25 years, he has worked across all roles and functions, cascading from the top levels of Board and C-suite management to also placing apprentices coming straight out of college. Patrick also writes for a wide variety of trade publications, newspapers and business journals on subjects related to the topics covered in his latest book, The Right Hire.
Don Alexander currently works with Carlyle & Conlan. With over 14 years of executive search industry experience, Don has spent the last 9 years focusing exclusively on recruitment projects for mid to senior level professionals in the Life Sciences sector. His projects have involved senior level individual contributors through C level executives, with particular emphasis on sales, business development, marketing, product development, project management and pre-clinical R&D. An enabler of relationships that have resulted in quantifiable goodwill for his constituency, Don is recognized by his clients, candidates and peers, as routinely creating value through a powerful network and deep industry knowledge.
Helpful Resources (suggestions for further reading provided by Patrick and Don):
- “Rites of Passage”, Book by John Lucht
- “Directory of Executive and Professional Recruiters”, Book, Kennedy Career Services
- “Top 10 Rules When Working With A Headhunter”, Whitepaper by Patrick Ropella
- “Why Use An Executive Search Consultant”, Poster by Patrick Ropella
- “Selecting An Executive Search Consultant”, Poster by Patrick Ropella
- “Contingency vs. Retained”, Poster by Patrick Ropella
- “The Right Hire”, Book by Patrick Ropella
The Fine Print
ACS Webinars™ does not endorse any products or services. The views expressed in this presentation are those of the presenters and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the American Chemical Society.